Workouts, playdates and mommy time with great friends. Come join the fun!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Feeling Thankful

As I sit in my warm, secure house while the snow comes down and the temperatures hover around zero degrees, I have so much to feel thankful for. After a fantastic, busy weekend spent in the company of friends I am feeling especially thankful to live in Anchorage and to have the opportunity to spend part of each day with so many amazing moms and their kids.

This week my oldest babe turned 5, and it blows my mind to realize my journey into motherhood has now been five years in the making. Having kids changes everything. I feel so thankful that for me, one of the changes was to find a program like Stroller Strides where I can spend time with my beautiful kids AND get into the best shape of my life. I am thankful for legs that have done so many lunges they are strong enough to run with my kids, arms that have done so many curls and extensions that they are strong enough to lift my kids for hugs and snuggles, and a mind so full of songs and games for them that we can entertain each other for hours. 

I am thankful for all the families who have allowed me to share in their journeys, to play with their kids and encourage their moms to give themselves the awesome gift of muscles sore from a great workout, and confidence that comes with increasing strength. So thanks, everyone, for being part of the family. Thanks for committing to being a model of an active and healthy lifestyle for your kids. Thanks for singing silly songs while you do your bicep curls. 

See you soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment